1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I think i've learnt to generally develop my work more, particularly with regard to the illustrations I use. I've not stuck to one image throughout each project... I've tired a few things out before settling on the final image.
2. What approaches to generating work and solutions to problems have you developed and how have they helped?
I've tried to improve my time management but think I lacked motivation in the early part of the module, which had an effect on the style brief in particular. I think this was because I wasn't happy with my initial ideas for the sainsbury's and don't panic briefs. I forced myself to work through that though, and ended up enjoying them more than the style brief by far. I think my use of software, particularly illustrator has improved a little bit too.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think my concepts were quite good when I eventually thought of them. I think the sainsbury's one could have been much more fitting. I only thought about it after i'd produced the final design but the idea of the environment being in our hands, lent itself to using the carrier bag handle as part of the design...
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how could you exploit these more fully?
I would have liked to have used another print process... either screen printing or digital printing onto fabric. My time management wasn't so great... or I didn't anticipate how long it would take to do my development work... I didn't intend to screen print when I chose the briefs but, looking back i think it would have been nice to print the bag or the postcards. I'd like an actual resolution to the sainsbury's brief so I might make up a bag in my free time just for my portfolio.
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
1. Be more motivated at the start of a brief... or at least force myself to work through it.
2. Consider using different print processes
3. Not be so precious about moving ideas on... or changing them altogether
4. Manage my time better
5.Do more primary research into target audiences
6. How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
Attendance - 4
Punctuality - 3
Motivation - 3
Commitment -3
Quantity Of Work Produced - 4
Quality Of Work Produced - 4
Contribution To The Group - 4