I decided yesterday... eventually... to send my postcards from aboard the Jolly Roger and so I was trying to think of ways that pirates might tell stories or send messages because I don't think postcards would be the usual way somehow :) Soooo I basically could only think of messages in a bottle and the stories that their tattoos represent. I remember when I was looking for a swallow tattoofor myself that that bird represents often represents how far you've gone at sea.... the more swallows you have the further you've been etc. I've been looking at all sorts of tattoos for this brief and the ones that really stand out are the Sailor Jerry flashes. I like the way that they are traditional and often quite crude or cheeky... That's the kind of thing I imagine happening on pirate ships.... none of this cutesy stuffs... so... sailor jerry.... and one sailor jerry stylie... and another person who's name i don't know... It's in the wrong style completely but it's still quite cool..