Saturday, 23 May 2009

stylish accessorieeeees


The Sunday Times: Style... for all you are... and all you aspire to be..
I've changed my idea a tiny bit... I've relooked at the brief, and also the magazine itself... And in doing so, I've realised that most of the magazine's readers won't actually be able to afford most of the items featured in the magazine... I don't mean this in a negative way at all... I just think that it's the kind of magazine that's aimed at women who have high aspirations, or perhaps who are curious about how other people live. Much of the content is very similar to magazines like the "reveal" or "now" but with upmarket recipe ideas and uber expensive designer clothes thrown in . Also, the stock that it's printed on is quite inexpensive, gossip magazine style stuff. It's basically NOT a glossy... but seems to take from glossy magazines like Vogue and Tatler.

So... I'm running with the idea that the readers of this magazine who have high aspirations can gain something from reading "style"... so I added to the Times, "for all you are" tagline, "and all you aspire to be..."

So... I broke the sections of the magazine down again and related them to common aspirations of it's readers (based on the content of the magazine)... each 'theme' has an associated outfit, as the majority of the magazine is fashion and beauty based

Yummy Mummy Outfit

.

"Domestic goddess" outfit for paper doll...