Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Craig Ward





Here are a selection of images by Craig Ward... Mostly typographic work, but put together in a really interesting, illustrative way. Mostly, He seems to work with letterpress... I dont know if the fonts he uses to do so, are his own versions of existing typefaces (something like "impact)", or are just the originals... no idea... but anyway.... The visuals he's created vary a lot. I particularly like the" water and ink" image. I think it instantly makes sense... it makes sense in its own right, but you can see why it makes sense at the same time... theres a visual explanation with immediate impact. I think its very clever. I also really like the russian dolls... again its got an immediacy.. its a logical, visual explanation of "there was an old lady who swallowed a fly". It's a brilliant, funny, modern take on it. I like it a lot