- byroglyphics-galleryThis work is by an illustrator called Russ Mills. I like the contrast between the quite rough and ready painting and the really intricate detail of the actual image. Also, I like the more unusual poses and angles they are drawn from.



Taken from www.undoboy.com... good variety of different styles of illustration from one design source... with a bit of typography in the last image for good measure...







Some nice illustrations from www.thedandelionproject.co.uk.... Beautifully bold in black and white... the more stylised, patterned image of the profile of a woman in pattern is particularly nice... I think the patterns, to me show a kind of spirit or freedom.. it looks very organic despite its precision... that probably doesn't make much sense but it looks like its conveying something natural through formal elements... in quite a "graphicky" way. I also like the simplicity of the last image... there's something quite sad about the way the face is shown... I think the black and white helps this but it's just got the right amount of light on the face to make it look forlorn... it strikes the right mood somehow.