Thursday, 5 June 2008

Buzz it What is graphic design? Animation/Motion


I know this is ancient and everyone has seen it a million times, but I still adore the video for Blur's Coffee and TV... If someone says animation I think of Disney, Charlie and Lola or THIS... Or pocoyo...  I think my knowledge of this area of Graphic Design is therefore limited... as is mostly made up of children's TV programmes. But I do like this. I think this is where Graphic Design really does what it's meant to do... it communicates something. And here, it communicates something to all kinds of people, it still looks sad no matter where your from or how old you are. I don't think if I'd just heard the song, it wouldn't have really struck me that Coffee and TV was a sad song. But watching the video I felt really sorry for that little milk carton... Ok it's not the most completely serious video in the world... but it still gets the point across. It's directed by Hammer and Tongs, and "Milky" was made by Garth Jennings... This Milk Carton even has it's own fan listing.. crazy