






Alex Bec... www.alexbec.com... Illustrative typography... type doesn't have to be boring... it can be crazy like these examples.... I particularly like the block font on the don't panic cover.... it looks very precise in contrast to the "socks in one box" work which is clearly hand rendered in an imprecise but interesting way However, the die cut image "you must never judge" is incredible.








Www.bantjes.com.... more illustrative typography, this time from Marian Bantjes.... a huuuuuge variety of colourful and creative letterform. I love the "Sustainability" piece... it's actually vector art, but I'd never have been able to tell... I find it amazing how often the immediate illegibility of pieces like this make them far more interesting.


And some more Bantjes images/type. (above)
Hmmm... not sure how well this will work but still... i've attempted to put it on here... ok to be fair we were shown this one... but i still like it... it's typography and motion... erm stuff.. its also a very good explanation of an area i still know very litttle about in the grand scheme of things... which is useful
and this ones very cool but also very creepy... i like how the type is completely non functional in terms of legibilty, but is purely there as an aesthetic... like medium i suppose... although i much prefer this with the sound off as for some reason, it gives me shivers...
I actually LOVE (!!!) this piece of motion typography... I think again, what I love most about it is the challenging of what typography is really ABOUT... traditionally being able to read something... It's easy to recognise it as letterform but it just takes on something totally different in the hands of someone with a bit of imagination. Also, I quite like the choice of music.
Another couple of you tube videos.... im a bit confused as to who they're actually by... downside of you-tube i guess... These ones really well done (above and below)
This one, however, I hate.... i think it's a pretty good idea in principle, but could have been better executed... for example, the choice of type used... and also the lines it follows across the page don't look entirely right.... I don't know how to do it myself but I don't think that should stop me criticising... it just looks a bit wrong really...


http://www.invdr.com/invdr_portfolio_fontbots.html INVDR Fontbots, made from sans serif fonts... reminds me of work we did for our illustrator brief in module 1 of this year.