Thursday, 27 November 2008

Tea time

I gave up on my ebay ordered aprons as they still haven't appeared despite ordering them a week ago... unimpressed. So I also gave up on my screen printing idea and decided to opt for an iron on transfer. I was convinced that the printing place at college did them but it turns out they only print directly onto fabric. So... I decided I'd just make my own apron... who needs ebay anywayz... This was going to be a problem as I cannot sew, but I'd decided I'd use bondaweb for the seams. I found some starry fabric wierdly like the pattern I'd already designed in a fabric shop near House of Fraser, Leeds.

Then I decided to go down the more expensive, but quicker route of getting the apron transfer printed so I had a look in the t-shirt printing place in the merrion centre and the girl in there was sooooo helpful (so if yu need any t-shirts printing I'd go there) She said she'd get the transfer back tomorrow.

I then set about making the apron. I'd found a really awful one with a stupidly large pocket on the front so I used that as a template, cut it out and was ironing all the seams fully intending on bonda-webbing it together but then my amazing flatmate Kate came to the rescue and said she'd sew the seams down as it'd only take her 5 minutes, and I knew I'd only bugger it up if I went anywhere near it with a needle/sewing machine... so cheers Kate, you are a LEGEND! I' still proud of my cutting out and ironing seam ability to be quite honest although I did burn myself TWICE on the iron

So I now have a fully functioning apron... at last!!!