Tuesday, 22 April 2008

Business cards found during mail it project continued...


Above by Up Design Bureau for Penalosa Jerky Company... I love this card. I love the minimal, gritty colours and the delicacy of the pattern in the background. The font is by contrast, very "wild west", countryfied and bold, like the image of the... er bull?... not so sure on what jerky actually comes from... could possibly be a buffalo on the card... not the faintest idea... however, I think the image is very strong because its bold... and it's clear with enough detail to be understandable but without being fussy

I love this self promotion card by Octane. Again i love the reto style... possibly being slightly swayed by the fact it has a sports car on it... it just a beautiful design with a creative and unusual colour scheme. The font on the green card reminds me a little of the old school "Mystery Machine" font from scooby doo... i don't watch it regularly... it just stuck in my head for some reason...

Again, another vintage take-off... this time a self promotion by Iridium.. I like the limited palete... the use of monochrome set by brassy yellows oranges and browns. I think the use of imagery is very appealing. It's very unusual in its subject matter. Furthermore i like how the design is split up over several cards which gives them a collectable element which allows them to be remembered.